I like doing reading challenges, but because I already have so many Writing Goals for this year, I was hesitant to take on a really difficult or time-consuming one. I needed a challenge that isn’t too challenging, if you know what I mean. But also I didn’t want to cheat and choose one that didn’t take me out of my comfort zone at all.
My goal is to create categories that are challenging and personalized, yet not too difficult as to be extremely limiting or frustrating. I stuck with 12 categories to keep it realistic and accessible to people with less reading time than myself!
Here’s the challenge:
2020 While I Was Reading Challenge Categories
- A book with an emotion in the title
- A young adult novel
- A book translated from another language
- A book that’s centered around a holiday
- A novel based on a true story
- A book with song lyrics in the title
- A book that’s been on your shelf for more than a year
- A book with a non-human narrator
- A book with a month in the title
- A book you heard about on TV/Radio/a podcast
- A book set in the state you live in
- A romance novel
I can already see that #6 is going to be the most challenging for me. I already have ideas for #3, #4 and #10. As for #2, I’m already reading one of those! I’m excited! And I’ve designed a Bingo Card for myself, because that’s more fun than a list.
Are you participating in any Reading Challenges this year? Have you designed one? Let’s talk in the comments!